Should someone try and enter your property illegally, the alarm will be triggered and send a signal to the dedicated monitoring station.
MONITORING STATION RESPONSE
Radium use the largest independent station in the UK, who deal with thousands of alarms monthly. Therefore, you can be certain that they will always be on hand to respond in the event of a signal.
EMERGENCY SERVICES OR CUSTOMER CONTACTED
Once the team at the monitoring station has received the signal from the alarm, they will then contact you or the emergency services, depending on the type of monitoring package that you have.
Burglars will try to go unnoticed by any means necessary. The less exposure they have to the surrounding area of your property the better. They could also distract you by pretending to be someone they aren't so it becomes important to recognise how you can mitigate these tactics and stay safe.
Contrary to popular belief, keeping your property less visible to the street, i.e. behind overgrown bushes or trees, does not mean you are less likely to be a target of theft. In fact, thieves will target these kind of houses as they can get close to the home whilst remaining out of sight. To combat this there are several things you can do:
- If possible, lower any fences at the front of the property to allow for a clear view
- Install trellis, thorny plants or anti-climb toppings to any fences to make it difficult to climb
- Gravel driveways and paths ensure you can hear anyone approaching the property.
Whilst using a CCTV system cannot guarantee thieves won't try to attempt your property, it can act as a powerful deterrent. Using one of Radium's CCTV system will allow you to view the cameras on your phone and even receive notifications if someone crosses a pre-determined boundary for your property.
You can view our Domestic and Commercial CCTV options by using the links below.
Lighting can be a useful deterrent and can provide a certain peace of mind when entering or exiting your property at night.
Radium can provide and install these lights at your property and ensure that all the appropriate areas are covered with nothing obscuring the light.
ECHO is the latest alarm transfer service provider, facilitating greater effectiveness in police response to emergency alarms. ECHO is a fully automated electronic alarm transmission service between ECHO-connected alarm received centres (ARCs) and the police means when an ECHO-connected ARC identifies an alarm from a monitored installation as verified, it can transfer the alarm signal to the police control room in an instant, via ECHO.
The central station that Radium use is ECHO-connected and as such can provide instantaneous responses to alarm activations, ensuring the emergency services receive the transmission and act rapidly. These few seconds/minutes could prove vital to the safety of your property and anything within in.
There are several benefits of using an ECHO-connected alarm system
- Fast alarm signalling to the police
- Accurate Incident Information
- Automatic event incident acknowledgment from "Blue light" service to ARC
- Improved keyholder response from ARC to Blue light responder
- Possibility to let ARC have close down code automatically
- Will enable URN status machine-to-machine checks to be updated regularly
- Additional situation information traffic may be passed
- Faster automated URN applications
- Further development may see the ability to pass live audio/video to the responder.